[What is Groupmax?]
Click on the graphics on this page to enlarge them.
Integrated Desktop provides an integrated work environment for Groupmax. It enables you to use different groupware functions, including workflow and electronic mail, to improve the efficiency of your job. By using Integrated Desktop you can smoothly link groupware functions and share information from the unified work environment suited to your business.
Features of Integrated Desktop
Integrated Desktop Version 3 has the following features.
- You can use the Groupmax groupware functions in an integrated manner from a single window.
- You can select a work environment that is suitable for your experience and usage.
|Function-oriented environment||Business-oriented environment||Virtual office environment|
| || |
||What features does each environment (function-oriented, business-oriented, and virtual office) have?
|In the function-oriented environment, you can use Groupmax functions selected from a tree structure. In the business-oriented environment, you can create several workplaces of your own. In the virtual office environment, you can manipulate the office supplies in the office. Therefore, you can select and use the work environment that best suits your business tasks.
- You can link Integrated Desktop with non-Groupmax applications
- Integrated Desktop provides various facilities for mobile communications. You can easily work in a mobile environment by switching to online and offline as necessary. For example, by operating in the offline mode (i.e. without connecting to the server), you can expand the usage of Groupmax.
- Integrated Desktop enables system administrators to customize a work environment and distribute the environment to end users of personal computers in a network.
Groupware functions available in Integrated Desktop
You can improve the efficiency of your job because the groupware functions provided by Groupmax (mail, bulletin board, workflow, document manager and agents) can be linked and controlled from a single window in Integrated Desktop.
In this single window, you can open a document, send a document or start an application simply by double-clicking an icon or using the drag-and-drop technique.
By using the mail system, you can send and receive messages.
- Bulletin board
You can share and exchange business information with the people concerned by using the bulletin board system.
You can display a list of work-items sent by Workflow, read a document, start an application, or retrieve an attached document.
The agents always monitor the work progressing in Integrated Desktop and report the arrival of mail messages, workflow work-items and schedule reservations even when you are not using Integrated Desktop.
- Document manager
You can effectively manage documents converted into electronic form and use the latest information among the people concerned.
- Schedule manager
The scheduled reservations registered by other members are displayed.
In addition to the basic operations, Integrated Desktop supports advanced operations to make the product more convenient to use.
- Customizing the toolbar to use applications
The contents of work, desk layout and so forth vary with each user. Integrated Desktop enables each user to customize the desktop environment as he or she wants.
- Linkage with Groupmax applications
You can register Groupmax applications which are not provided by Integrated Desktop on the toolbar. You can also register other Windows applications as buttons on the toolbar.
Also, you can use a cabinet of technical documents and drawings managed by PDMACE, the engineering software that manages the configuration of products related to CAD/CAM software.
- Mobile facilities
Integrated Desktop features the following mobile facilities:
- Connecting over a communication line, batch saving of received mail, batch sending of mail, disconnecting
- Using Integrated Desktop with a dial-up connection
- Switching to online or offline according to the job
Trademarks and Abbreviations
All Rights Reserved,
1994, 2000, Hitachi, Ltd.
WRITTEN BY SOFTWARE DIVISION & SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT DIVISION