Published date: July 7, 2017
Hitachi, Ltd. IT Platform Products Management Division
Hitachi Data Ingestor has the following vulnerability.
Security Information ID
Samba program used by Hitachi Data Ingester (HDI) are vulnerable to a remote code execution vulnerability (CVE-2017-7494), allowing a malicious client to upload a shared library to a writable share, and then cause the server to load and execute it.
The following table shows the affected products.
|Hitachi Data Ingestor
||3.0.1 or later
Action to be taken
- Interim risk reduction
- Until the fixed version is applied, please take following actions to reduce the risk.
Disable guest account to the CIFS share. (Default: disabled)
Set the password for user accounts and manage them in appropriate password policy.
Filter clients by restricting accesses to CIFS shares or by setting up firewall to HDI.
In case of data loss by attack, backup the data in HDI.
- Permanent solution
- Update to the fixed version. For the release date of the fixed version, please refer to the table below.
|Hitachi Data Ingestor
||June 9th 2017
- July 7, 2017: This security information page is published.
- Hitachi, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Hitachi") tries to provide accurate information about security countermeasures. However, since information about security problems constantly changes, the contents of these Web pages are subject to change without prior notice. When referencing information, please confirm that you are referencing the latest information.
- The Web pages include information about products that are developed by non-Hitachi software developers. Vulnerability information about those products is based on the information provided or disclosed by those developers. Although Hitachi is careful about the accuracy and completeness of this information, the contents of the Web pages may change depending on the changes made by the developers.
- The Web pages are intended to provide vulnerability information only, and Hitachi shall not have any legal responsibility for the information contained in them. Hitachi shall not be liable for any consequences arising out of or in connection with the security countermeasures or other actions that you will take or have taken (or not taken) by yourself.
- The links to other web sites are valid at the time of the release of the page. Although Hitachi makes an effort to maintain the links, Hitachi cannot guarantee their permanent availability.