June 26, 2017
Hitachi, Ltd. IT Platform Products Management Division
Hitachi Disk Array Systems have the following vulnerability.
Security Information ID
CVE-2017-8464 | LNK Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
The following table shows the affected products.
|Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform G100,G200,G400,G600,G800
Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform F400,F600,F800
|Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform G1000,G1500
Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform F1500
Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform VX7
|Hitachi Unified Storage VM
|Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform
Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform VP9500
|Hitachi Unified Storage 100
Hitachi Adaptable Modular Storage
Hitachi Workgroup Modular Storage
Hitachi Simple Modular Storage
Action to be taken
- Software update
- Please contact your authorized service representative for details on any corrective actions such as software updates and the schedule for their release.
Please refer to the following information about the vulnerability.
- June 26, 2017: This security information page is published.
- Hitachi, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Hitachi") tries to provide accurate information about security countermeasures. However, since information about security problems constantly changes, the contents of these Web pages are subject to change without prior notice. When referencing information, please confirm that you are referencing the latest information.
- The Web pages include information about products that are developed by non-Hitachi software developers. Vulnerability information about those products is based on the information provided or disclosed by those developers. Although Hitachi is careful about the accuracy and completeness of this information, the contents of the Web pages may change depending on the changes made by the developers.
- The Web pages are intended to provide vulnerability information only, and Hitachi shall not have any legal responsibility for the information contained in them. Hitachi shall not be liable for any consequences arising out of or in connection with the security countermeasures or other actions that you will take or have taken (or not taken) by yourself.
- The links to other web sites are valid at the time of the release of the page. Although Hitachi makes an effort to maintain the links, Hitachi cannot guarantee their permanent availability.