|| HITACHI HOME | UP | SEARCH ||
|Groupmax's Role in the Front Office Solution (Overview)|
Hitachi started shipping the front-office solution, Cyberoffice from November 6th, 1998.
The main feature of this solution is that our open middleware products such as the groupware Groupmax, scalable database HiRDB, integrated system operation tool JP1, One to One marketing-support Mall-Server/Mass Customization system, can be seamlessly integrated and used with Aurum Software products such as AurumFrontOffice.
The following is an example of how we are planning to provide solutions for linking Groupmax with the SFA package AurumFrontOffice in the future. The example explains the use with typical functions.
Provisions for each facility
- The Mail facility supports the sending of Groupmax mail from each function of AurumFrontOffice, and also supports the development of a specially developed interlock system using OCX components (development kit).
- The Scheduler facility can provide a group scheduling facility lacking in the AurumFrontOffice's scheduler facility. The Scheduler adjusts the schedules for the back-office departments (for engineering, product-planning department, etc.) which support the business department.
- Hitachi is aiming to provide the Hitachi Directory facility as the basis for user management for future middleware, and also unify user management of Groupmax and AurumFrontOffice.
- Hitachi is proposing that workflows can be entered by Groupmax Form from the AurumFrontOffice's GUI and planning a solution for linking Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Notes with Groupmax Workflow.
- Document Manager
- Document Manager enables you to search in various ways by positioning Groupmax Document Manager as a storage site for the contents of AurumFrontOffice's Marketing Encyclopedia System (a business information support system).
Groupmax has been utilized as a communication tool (using e-mail and the scheduler), and as a business reform tool (using workflows), by customers in over 1200 companies.
Hitachi's policy in the future is to plan many types of linkage with packages such as AurumFrontOffice explained above, and evolve these linkages as the main connection between front-office and back-office tools.
We are preparing Solution Business products for which the construction of linkage solutions is contracted out on a made-to-order basis. We hope you can make full use of the resulting products.